Monday, April 28, 2014

Easter 2014

I love Easter.
I adore what it represents and I am thankful for the opportunity that it gives us to reflect on the Savior.
We did the usual dying of eggs and then hunting bright colored plastic ones stuffed with candy. Our family read a scripture each night the week leading up to Easter to help us focus on the importance of the day. The Mr. and I even had the opportunity to go the Louisville Temple on Good Friday. It had been way.to.long. since we were in the house of the Lord. I truly felt spiritually fed. What an amazing reminder of the good feelings and how important it is to keep this focus always.


All of these sweeties will always have such a special place in my heart. It has been a true honor and blessing to be apart of these kids lives and get to know them. I often remember how Ellis was just learning to walk when I first saw him and now he is talking about marrying Brinley one day. I love them all and my heart is so heavy when I think of not getting to see them daily. They have taught me so many things and give me glimpses of what it would be like to a house full of little chicks. I always joke that when our friends ask me to watch their kids that they think I am doing them a favor but in reality it is the other way around. I appreciate the chance to get to know them and love them. In so many ways I am closer to them then my own nieces and nephews and I think that is partly due to the fact that I have been involved way more. The Sowby's, Terry's, and Barnette's have been our family away from family. I think the majority of my tears are from knowing that I am leaving a little piece of my heart here when we move. Thank you all for allowing me to be a part of their lives and giving Brinley the opportunity to have such close friends.





 Happy Easter from The Pierson's.

1 comment:

  1. Loved the Easter outfits. Yall looked great!! And just loved all your pics from the Easter egg hunt. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete