John has been talking about burning his white coat since the day we started medical school. He hates his white coat. He hates that his profession has to wear white coats because he feel like it is to make them stand out and look superior. He doesn't even want anyone to know he is a doctor let alone look like a doctor. John promises that once he is on his own and practicing he will not even own a white coat. I believe him. He is one of those guys that went into medicine because he believe the Lord called him to do it. He has never thought he was special for becoming a doctor or that it makes him better or smarter than anyone else. John has made me promise up and down that when someone asks me what he does for a living that I will just say "health care". That silly guy. He always says that the Lord isn't going to pat him on the back one day for being a physician. The Lord doesn't care what he does, He just cares that he does it with integrity.
On an unrelated note - can I just say that my Sunday's are NOT going to be the same without relaxing in the Sowby's backyard. Waaaaaaa! I'm being a big baby about leaving but I don't care. I love it here and I love my friends so much it's hard for me to make sense of life without this place.






No comments:
Post a Comment