I am going to have a few of these posts out of order since I still working on our Disney World vacation posts. I did get Day 1 up today though! I figured my first post would be the pretty obvious BIG news.
I am expecting! We are pregnant with a HEALTHY little boy due in January. This has been a really long journey and I still feel like I have to pinch myself when I ever I look down and see that I am clearly pregnant. To call this little boy a miracle would be very accurate. We have had so many losses up to this point and struggled with secondary infertility for more than 3 years between Brinley and this little one that we had honestly given up. We discovered that we were pregnant this time with boxes up to our waists while we were packing up our life in Kentucky. I had a suspicion that I was but our biggest fear was that we would have another miscarriage and that it would occur in the middle of medical school graduation, moving to Texas, my cousins wedding and our trip to Disney World. A miscarriage is never convenient but this particular timing was REALLY inconvenient.
In fact, the day before we loaded up the moving truck John and I were sitting in the ARH Emergency Room with a doctor telling us this we were most likely miscarrying and to just follow procedure like the many times before. It's never a good sign when the doctor pulls back the curtain holding paperwork and the first thing he says is, 'I'm so sorry to tell you this...' He gave us the waiting game speech, told us to not get our hopes up and to return when the bleeding got heavier. However, this doctor was a man of faith and he said, "Never give up hope because medicine doesn't have the final word. God does." He probably has no idea how much that comforted me but I am eternally grateful for his sweet perspective and the gentleness in which he delivered such difficult news. Well, he was right. God does have the final say and it looks like a little boy will be joining the Pierson family in a few short months.
My pregnancy has not been with out complications but it is so worth every struggle. I am a high risk pregnancy and this little guy has given me my fair share of morning sickness. I am so blessed to not have HG but there have been several weeks where it's been hard to function. Every time I throw up I am grateful because it means that my hormones are high and the baby is healthy. I have had some pretty scary bleeding and cramping as well but each time I start to think the worst, it stops and my pregnancy continues. The other day I was so sick and laying down in front of the toilet and I caught myself thinking that I hated being pregnant. I got really mad at myself because I do not hate being pregnant. This is everything that we have been praying for, for over 4 years! I was hating the way I was feeling but not hating being pregnant.
Brinley is so excited to be a big sister. She can hardly contain her excitement and asks us every single day if the baby is coming yet. However, the day that we found out the gender was not a good day for her. She wanted a baby sister so badly and was devastated when the doctor told her it was a boy. Now, she is so thrilled and thinks having a brother would be better than a sister anyway. We'll take it.
We are so blessed. There are no other words to describe our situation other than blessed. I am grateful for the opportunity to be a mother to another little person and for Brinley to have a sibling.




No comments:
Post a Comment